Entities prepare their financial statements in accordance with a framework of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP/IFRS) relevant to their country. The fair presentation of those financial statements is evaluated by independent auditors using a framework of generally accepted auditing standards (GAAS) which set out requirements and guidance on how to conduct an audit, also referred to simply as auditing standards. This two day program will cover the complete Financial Audit Cycle and how the internal and external drivers are playing a significant role in the auditing standards.
Who should attend
- Internal Audit professionals
- Internal Audit Managers
- Risk and control experts/li>
- Business consultants
- Directors, new or experienced Internal Auditors
- Internal Audit consultants
- Risk managers who wish to enhance their knowledge in the areas of Governance, Risks, Controls and Internal Auditing and / or wish to apply for the Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Internal Controls Auditor (CICA) or Certified Internal Controls Specialist (CICS) professional qualifications.
- Learn financial auditing tools &techniques with best practices
- Updated facts of the Regulatory Environment and its impact on industry
- Impact of Risk in the financial audit cycle
- Internal Controls over Financial Statements
- Transaction Cycle Audits&Financial Statements Fraud
Essentials of Financial Audit
- To acquire essential knowledge of theory and practice in the area of financial audit.
- Enhance your knowledge in particular Financial Auditing practices in order to arrange business processes in your industry.
- Learn Different ways to improve financial auditing Products and Processes skills?
- Express an opinion on the truth and fairness of financial statements.
ACA, CIA, CISA
Masood has over 15 years of experience in serving various roles in Internal Audit. He is one of the approved lead internal auditor for US Aid projects where his job is to conduct Financial Audit and recommend preventions and controls to avoid potential fraud and financial lapses.
He has served at one of the world’s leading (among top ten globally) Audit Firm, Crow Horwath for 4 years where he specialized in audit function. He is an international speaker and has conducted many training programmes in Financial Audit, Fraud and Risk Awareness. His most recent training was on Fraud and Risks in Dubai with overwhelming feedback of training participants. Masood is a Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) from the Institute of Internal Auditors USA. He is also a qualified Chartered Accountant from Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan. He further strengthened his audit expertise by qualifying the exams of Certified Information System Auditor.
Masood is Managing Director of Centre Consulting and CEO SBM Group that includes a Business School, Chartered Accountancy firm and a Consulting Firm. He is ex-President of The Institute of Internal Auditors (USA) – Pakistan Chapter.
- Chartered Accountant (CA) Pakistan 2004
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) USA 2006
- Certified Information System Auditor (CISA) USA 2009
Membership & Credentials
- Associate member of ACFE, USA
- Associate member of IIA, USA
- Associate member of ICAP, PAK
- Associate member of GARP, USA