CMA (Certified Management Accountant) is an advanced professional certification specifically designed to measure the accounting and financial management skills that drive business performance. The CMA Program is tailor-made for accounting and finance professionals at all levels, whether you want to enhance your value in your current organization or expand your career potential. Earning the CMA will make you part of a network of over 30,000 credentialed peers worldwide.
What is the course structure?
CMA Course structure consists of two parts. Lynchpin provides CMA training at its best and gives all the resources to its students to prepare for the exams. The exam is structured as follows:
Who can do CMA?
To participate in the CMA program, candidates must be members of IMA. To earn the CMA designation, candidates must pass both exam parts and fulfil the following educational and experience requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university. Please refer the Educational Qualification Section of the CMA Handbook
- Two continuous years of professional experience in management accounting or financial management. Please refer the Experience Qualification section of the CMA Handbook.
How long does it take to complete CMA?
For an average student, it takes around 4-6 months to complete the CMA course.
When can you appear in CMA exams?
Exam parts are offered according to the following schedule:
- January and February
- May and June
- September and October
Where can you sit in CMA exams?
Exams are administered through the worldwide network of Prometric Testing Centers and are available in accordance with local customs. There are many locations throughout the U.S. and internationally.
What is the CMA exam fee?
- There are four separate fees for taking the CMA exams:
- IMA Membership: $220 annually (discounts are available for students, academics, and young professionals)
- IMA Registration Fee: $15 one-time payable with your first year of membership
- CMA Exam Entrance Fee: $250 (good for 3 years)
- CMA Exam Registration Fee: $415 per Part
What are the Expiration Periods of CMA Exam Parts?
All CMA candidates have three years to complete the CMA program track. The time period will begin with the date of entry into the program. If the two-part exam is not completed within three years, then credit for the part passed will expire.